Watermelon’s flesh contains about 6% sugar and it is comprised primarily of water. The deeper the red is, the sweeter the Water Melon is. With the large and round or oblong, the juicy flesh also varies from pink to deep red, affecting a Watermelon’s sweetness.
In the hot summer, watermelon becomes one of the favorite fruits of many people. This juicy fruit not only has a sweet and refreshing taste but also brings a sea of health benefits thanks to its essential nutrients such as vitamins and minerals. Long Produce is currently providing the freshest watermelon at the most reasonable price. Check out this article to learn more about this wonderful fruit.
Amazing nutritional value from watermelon
In the same family as pumpkin and cucumber, watermelon is a large fruit that comes from Southern Africa. Normally, watermelon has a sweet taste that is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and other plant compounds like citrulline and lycopene. They are all good for your health. Specifically, watermelon contains a lot of nutrients:
- 90% of the weight of a watermelon is water. And it contains only about 46 kcal per glass.
- 100 grams of watermelon contains 0.6 grams protein, 7.6 grams carbs, 6.2 grams sugar, 0.4 grams fiber, 0.2 grams fat.
- Watermelon also provides many essential vitamins and minerals that are good for health such as vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B5.
- Plant compounds found in watermelon include Citrulline, Lycopene.
With a great source of nutrients above, watermelon brings a lot of benefits to health, skin, and physique. Moreover, the taste is delicious, so it is loved by many people.
Top benefits of watermelon you can not miss
Watermelon gradually becomes a favorite dish of many families, eating watermelon regularly brings benefits that you did not expect:
- Watermelon can avert cancer: Studies have shown that the lycopene present in watermelon has great anti-cancer properties. In addition, watermelon also provides a large amount of cucurbitacin E with the ability to prevent tumor growth in the body.
- Reduce inflammation: Eating watermelon can help you reduce inflammation thereby avoiding other chronic diseases. Specifically, this fruit is rich in anti-inflammatory antioxidants like lycopene and vitamin C.
- Protects skin and softens hair: Amazingly, Vitamins A and C in watermelon are great for skin nourishment and hair health. Vitamin C stimulates the body to increase collagen production, which is a protein that helps to firm the skin, reverse aging, and help the hair structure become strong and reduce breakage. Moreover, Vitamin A helps soften the skin, avoiding skin peeling. In addition, other ingredients such as lycopene and beta-carotene are important factors in helping to protect the skin from sunburn.
- Relieve muscle pain: An amino acid in watermelon called Citrulline can help reduce joint pain. Besides, drinking watermelon juice also helps the body absorb citrulline better.
- Great source of vitamins and minerals: Watermelon is one of the lowest-calorie fruits but packed with vitamins and minerals: Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamins B1, B5, and B6. In addition, watermelon also contains important antioxidants such as carotenoids, lycopene, cucurbitacin E.
- Watermelon hydrates the body: Water makes up 70% of the body and drinking enough water is an important task. In addition to drinking water, you can choose fruits that contain a lot of water to feel more delicious. And watermelon is a perfect choice with 92% water.
3 Tips to choose fresh watermelon
To avoid buying young and pale watermelons, the following tips will help you choose the best quality watermelons for yourself:
- Choose a melon with a yellow bottom: The color of the watermelon rind will tell you the quality inside. A good quality ripe melon will have a bottom in contact with the ground and have lots of dark yellow tans. In contrast, young melons will have yellowish-green skin.
- The sound of slapping the surface: To select a delicious watermelon, use your hand and tap it lightly. If you hear a “pump” sound, it means that the fruit is old and sweet. If the sound is sharper, it is a young melon, so don’t buy it.
- Watermelon stalks: By looking at the melon stalk, we can know the ripeness of the watermelon. If its stalk is green, it means the melon is not ripe. If the stalk is small, wilted, and curly, it means the melon is ripe. Normally, ripe melons have a very good and sweet taste.
Buying the best watermelon at Long Produce
If you are wondering where to supply the most qualified watermelon, Long Produce is a perfect choice. We ensure the quality and safety of food for our customers. Do not hesitate to contact us now!