Sweet lime fruit is a popular tropical fruit, available in all seasons. This sweet and sour tasting fruit looks more like lime for appearance and is mostly consumed in the form of juice than as a whole fruit. Sweet limes are aromatic, juicy, and have low acidity creating a palatable, mild, and sweet flavor with subtle honey notes.
Have you ever heard about a type of lemon that has an attractive sweet taste? Today, Long Produce would like to introduce you to “ Sweet Lime”, which cannot be confused because of its unique sweetness. Also, they can bring many uses for health, physique, and skin that you can not miss out on. Let’s discover this interesting fruit now!
1. All about sweet lime fruit you need to know
The sweet lime fruit, also known as the Palestinian lemon or the Indian sweet lemon, is a citrus fruit that is a cross between Citrus aurantifolia and Citrus Lemont. According to experts, it is native to central and northern India, northern Vietnam, and countries along the Mediterranean coast.
Sweet lime is about 5cm to 7cm in size and about 2 grams in weight. Its surface is kinda smooth and pleasant to the touch. The peel of an unripe lemon is green then turns to yellow when ripe and ready to be harvested.
This type of lemon attracts the eye because of its very succulent look. One special thing about this fruit is the sweet taste, not sour like other lemons. Therefore, they are the favorite foods used in many recipes.
2. Benefits of Sweet Lime Fruit
A nutrient-dense food, sweet lemons help boost the immune system, reduce disease, promote skin rejuvenation, and more. Here are the benefits that make you can’t ignore this food:
Vitamin C, ascorbic acid, limonoid, kaempferol, flavonoid, quercetin found in lemons are very good antioxidants, they protect the body from free radicals. Thereby, reducing the risk of cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease,…
Prevent skin aging
As we mentioned above, sweet lime is a treasure trove of vitamin C. Specifically, a sweet lemon ( about 67 grams) contains more than 20% of the RDI of Vitamin C. Vitamin C has the function of stimulating collagen proliferation, keeping skin firm, limiting wrinkles and slowing down skin aging.
Reduce the incidence of heart disease
Sweet Lime is high in vitamin C, which can help lower blood pressure – one of the main contributors to heart disease. In addition, vitamin C can reduce plaque in the arteries, eliminating the risk of artery blockages that cause heart disease.
Preventing kidney stones
Why can sweet lemon prevent kidney stones? Because the citric acid present in sweet lemon helps to increase the level of citrate, removing the stone-forming minerals in the urine. This has been proven by experts.
Nutritional Value in 100-gram sweet lime
Sweet Lime is known to be a wonderful source of vitamin C, which can bring many wonderful benefits for health. Besides, these fruits also contain a large number of other vitamins and minerals. 100-gram sweet lime can provide:
- 30 calories – a great number for those who are losing weight.
- 10 grams of carbs.
- 3 grams of fiber.
- 30 milligrams of Vitamin C – an extremely rich source of vitamin C.
3. How can sweet lime fruit be used?
Unlike other lemons, sweet limes fruit have a very distinctive sweet taste, so they can be used in many ways:
- You can peel it and eat it right away like a regular fruit because they contain very little acid and are not too sour.
- Sweet limes are used to make sauces, they have a sweet taste, a light aroma.
- Possessing an eye-catching appearance, sweet lemon is also used to decorate drinks such as cocktails, fruit juices, …
- This type of lemon can also be soaked and then processed into delicious lemonade, refreshing, strengthening resistance.
- In addition, you can use sweet lemon to make delicious chili sauce.
- Using sweet lemon as a seasoning for meat dishes, fish dishes also makes the taste very delicious.
- Lemon peel can be grated to make daily cooking seasoning.
When using sweet limes, you need to be aware that this fruit does not have a sour taste like regular lemons. They have a sweet taste with a refreshing aroma, so they won’t add too much sourness to your dishes.
4. Where to buy the best sweet lime fruit?
This fruit will be harvested at the end of the year, around October, November, and December. Currently, the number of suppliers of quality Sweet Lime is not much, if you have a need to buy this great fruit, please contact Long Produce to choose the best quality product. We are committed to bringing customers the freshest food source!